Android Device Setup
In this article, you will learn how to set up your mobile Android device to use Quore.
Things to Ask Your Internet Service Provider
There are a few things you can ask your internet service provider that will help optimize your internet connection for devices using Quore. You may need to speak with your account manager to make these changes:
1. Splash Free Zone
Be clear with your internet service provider that you are attempting to bypass the guest network splash page.
2. Make It Permanent
Make sure your internet service provider sets you up for permanent access, as opposed to temporary access.
3. Max Out the Bandwidth
Ask your internet service provider to give you the “maximum allowable bandwidth” on your devices. Low bandwidth will cause the app to run slower and can delay important push notifications.
4. Go Low on the Repeater
The repeater speed determines the amount of time it takes to connect from one access point to another. Ask your internet service provider to set your repeater speed as low as possible. We generally recommend a repeater speed of 2-3 seconds. A longer repeater speed can cause the device to time out and may cause you to lose your internet connection altogether.
Making Devices Managed
These steps may slightly vary depending on the device type and software version.
Because you will be using your hotel’s Wi-Fi network to access the Quore Mobile app, you will want to set up your smartphone or tablet as a managed device. Setting your device as managed with your internet service provider will enable you to bypass the hotel Wi-Fi splash page (the page which asks you to accept terms and conditions before allowing you access to the browser). This will ensure a more reliable internet connection.
To make your device managed:
1. Tap to open Settings.
2. Tap on General to open your general settings.
3. Find the About Phone or About Tablet line. Tap this line.
4. Scroll down to Hardware Info. Tap this line.
5. Locate the Wi-Fi MAC address. Copy down this address to provide to your internet service provider.
6. Next, the hotel manager will need to call your hotel’s internet service provider and provide them with all of the MAC Addresses.
How to Download the App
To download the Quore mobile app:
1. Go to the Google Play Store.
2. Search for “Quore Mobile App.”
3. Choose to install the app. Tap Accept.
First Time Logging In on Mobile
1. Open the Quore mobile app and log in.
2. The first time you log in, you will be prompted to choose whether this is a private or a personal device. Then you will be able to use the mobile app.